Cayenne is one of the best-known chili peppers around the world, which makes it a popular choice for hot sauce! There are a number of mass-manufactured cayenne hot sauces, as well as hundreds of recipes that you can make from home.
How hot are cayenne peppers?
Cayenne peppers are around 30,000-50,000 SHU, making them significantly spicier than peppers like jalapeños (2,000-10,000 SHU), but milder than habaneros (100,000-350,000 SHU).
Cayenne hot sauces
There are several popular and widely available mass-manufactured cayenne hot sauces. A few of the most notable types include:
- Frank’s RedHot
- Tabasco Cayenne Garlic Sauce
- Ass Kickin’ Buffalo Style Wing Sauce
- Dave’s Gourmet Cool Cayenne Pepper Hot Sauce
- Deathwish Cayenne Hot Sauce
- Melinda’s Creamy Style Wing Sauce
- Tears of Joy Tequila Lime Hot Sauce
Easy cayenne hot sauce recipe
Looking for something a little bit fresher? Cayenne hot sauces are surprisingly easy to make. Here’s a quick recipe that will take you just 30 minutes.
Easy Cayenne Hot Sauce
- 1.5 cup chopped cayenne peppers or approximately 10 oz
- .5 cup white wine vinegar
- 5 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- Bring all of your ingredients to a simmer for 20 minutes
- Using a blender or food processor, liquify your hot sauce
- Strain the sauce if you prefer a smooth consistency!